Yes, you’ve heard the main section of this episode of The Showrunner before — about the importance of building an email list as part of your audience-engagement strategy.
But the intro and outro are new, as Jerod Morris explains why he and Jon Nastor decided to rebroadcast this episode this week.
The smartest Showrunners know that their podcast is only the first step in building a deep, meaningful relationship with an audience.
The next step, one that should never be overlooked, is building an email list so your most engaged listeners can take the next step in connecting with you.
In this episode, Jerod and Jon provide an overview about email. There is a lot to cover. (Next week, they’re going to build on what they discussed here and take list building to the next level.)
Jerod and Jon dive deep into the following topics:
- Why Jon thinks he is doing email wrong (and why Jerod disagrees with him)
- The importance of being human in how you approach your email subscribers
- The benefits of building a base of email subscribers as you grow your show
- Which is more valuable: an email subscriber or an iTunes review?
- How email played a huge role in the initial launch of The Showrunner Podcasting Course
- What you should do when people hit “Reply” on your mailings (if you really want to build an audience)
- Why you should view your email schedule like your podcast schedule
- The two roadblocks to email registration that you need to remove with your site design and copy
The post [Rebroadcast] Why Email Is Your Show’s Mandatory Companion appeared first on Copyblogger.