Use parentheses to enclose abbreviations synonymous with spelled-out forms occurring after the forms or if the order is reversed. Example: I will meet with U.E.A. (Utah Education Association) leaders at 4:00. I will meet with Utah Education Association (U.E.A.) leaders at 4:00.
Instructions: Use parentheses where needed in these sentences.
1. The FFA Future Farmers of America boys from our school won many awards.
2. What was the ruling by the Federal Communications Commission FCC?
3. The pipe that will be used is PVC polyvinyl chloride.
4. The National Education Association NEA will have its conference in February.
5. The BSA Boy Scouts of America has come under fire recently.
–For answers scroll down.
1. The FFA (Future Farmers of America) boys from our school won many awards.
2. What was the ruling by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)?
3. The pipe that will be used is PVC (polyvinyl chloride).
4. The National Education Association (NEA) will have its conference in February.
5. The BSA (Boy Scouts of America) has come under fire recently.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook, a FlipBook, and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog