Is it too late to start a podcast? Should we all just shut up and listen quietly, rather than launching something that isn’t great?
So, Ryan Holiday published a post, and it got a lot of attention. Ryan is excellent at getting attention, and he details some of his most effective techniques in his book, Trust Me, I’m Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator.
Ryan is undeniably smart. But I have some serious issues with his post.
In this 20-minute episode, I talk about:
- Whether it’s actually a bad idea to try something because “everyone is doing it”
- Why the search for an “original” format is highly overrated
- The problem with people who self-identify as hackers
- The two elements your podcast (or blog, or video series, or infographic content …) absolutely needs to succeed
- How to create a great book, blog, podcast, or other creative work in the real world
- Where extraordinary work comes from